Friday, June 6, 2008

Hungry?

I love quick simple dinners. Especially in the summer. This is one of my favorites, it is a lot like pizza in that you can just throw whatever veggies/meat hanging around in your fridge into it. Try making small individual sizes letting everyone throw thier favorites into it. I hear this is great:)

First off you are going to want to start off with 3 eggs and one cup of milk or cream. Wisk it together really well. This is going to fit in one average 9inch pie crust. Then you will add your fillings. You can get pretty creative here adding up to 3 cups of fillings. I like peppers, ham, cheese, onions and tomatoes. We didn't have any tomatoes this day so it is lacking. If you add tomatoes though, it is very nice to slice them thinly and lay them on the top before it goes into the oven. I like to put the whole thing onto a foil lined baking sheet because inevitabely, there will be some spillage and it just makes things a lot easier to clean up, and I am all about easy cleanups! You will put it into a 375 degree oven for about 35-40 minutes. Insert a knife and it should come out clean, if it doesnt leave it for another few mintues, but check it often.
When it comes out it will have a nice golden brown top on it like this. See the spillage over in the corner? I was so glad that I lined my baking sheet with foil for this! It could have made for some tears at clean up time. Instead I just tossed the whole foil mess into the garbage and shrugged the whole nasty incident off.
This is best served with a light green salad.
Dig in and enjoy.


Quiche

3eggs
1 cup of milk or cream
up to 3 cups of fillings. (I always add one cup of cheese).
1 pie crust

375 for 35-40 minutes.

No comments: