Friday, June 27, 2008

A Bunting we will go!

It looks like its time for a party here! Look at how festive and fun this bunting is! Marnie sent the fabric down yesterday for her custom bunting for her market tent. It is a simple project, nothing terribley complicated, however... time consuming! This went together rather smoothly. I just love the way these fabrics look all done up like this! I see these things done up on blogs and other crafty sites and always marvel at how wonderfully festive it looks. I made up a template, then cut each triangle out of the fabric. Sewed the pieces, right sides togehter, trimmed up the point and turned it the right way. Pressed it, then trimmed the top edge which was left open. Then, they were sewn in between this black bias tape. It will look as nice from the back as it does from the front!
It is a pretty long piece here! I felt a little like I was wrestling with an octopus during the final construction phase! There are 26 flags that are 8 inches wide at the top each and about 2 inches between flags. hhmm, I need to do the math. I hope Marnie is as happy with it as I am . I can just imagine how pretty it will look all done up on her tent with all her colourful hair accessories! I can hardly wait to see the pictures of it all done up!

No comments: