Friday, May 9, 2008

Dogwoods

I love dogwoods, specially the pink ones. The pink ones are far from blooming yet, so I had to 'settle' for the white ones. These ones are the ones that hang over my neighbours fence.

They have a gorgeous pink one but its blooms are not really ready yet. They did say that I can just hop the fence (not that I "hop" anything;) )and shoot the pink ones when they bloom. I couldn't decide which version of these flowers I like the best. The full colour, the desaturated ones, or the b&w ones. I think I would like to put them into a triple frame and hang them in my living room.
This shot, looking up and underneath the flowers is my favorite. I love that the blue sky is showing through.
I really cant decide if I like the desaturated better than the other. I think this first flower, I perfer in desat. But these next two, maybe not so much.
Although, this shot here, it is my favorite.
Black and white gives it just a whole new dimension.
Whenever I see collections of black and white flowers, I am struck with the impact. You'd think that taking the colour out of a flower would minimize the impact, however, it seems to increase it.
And then this last picture. I think I need to make sure I get a copy of at least this one on my walls.



No comments: